Lydiard Millicent Neighbourhood Plan Information Statement
A referendum relating to the Lydiard Millicent Neighbourhood Plan will be held on Thursday 19 March 2020.
The question which will be asked in the referendum is:
‘Do you want Wiltshire Council to use the neighbourhood plan for Lydiard Millient to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?’
The referendum area is identified on the map which is included with this information statement. The referendum area reflects the area that has been designated as the Lydiard Millicent Neighbourhood Area.
A person is entitled to vote in the referendum if:
• He or she is entitled to vote in an election of any Councillor of Wiltshire Council whose area is in the referendum area; and
• His or her qualifying address for the election is in the referendum area. A person’s qualifying address is, in relation to a person registered in the register of electors, the address in respect of which he or she is entitled to be so registered.
The referendum expenses limit that will apply in relation to the referendum is £2444.02. The number of persons entitled to vote in the referendum by reference to which that limit has been calculated is 1367.
The referendum will be conducted in accordance with procedures which are similar to those used at local government elections.
A copy of the specified documents, that is those documents listed below, may be inspected during normal opening hours at:
• Wiltshire Council, Monkton Park, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN15 1ER
• Lydiard Millicent Parish Council, Jubilee Clubhouse, 22 Tennyson Road, Royal Wootton Bassett, SN4 8HL
• All Saints Church, Church Place, Lydiard Millicent, SN5 3NE
The documents are also available for public viewing on Wiltshire Council’s website at:
The specified documents are:
- The referendum version of the Lydiard Millicent Neighbourhood Plan;
- Referendum Information Statement;
- The report of the independent examiner into the draft Neighbourhood Plan;
- Copies of the written representations submitted to the independent examiner;
- A Decision Statement of the Local Planning Authority’s satisfaction that the draft Neighbourhood Plan meets the basic conditions specified by statute and complies with the provision made by or under Sections 38A and 38B of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004;
- A statement that sets out general information as to town and country planning including neighbourhood planning and the referendum;
- Map of the Lydiard Millicent referendum area.
Monday 10 February 2020